2nd INTEGRATED PLAN ON FAMILY AND INFANCY OF THE VALENCIAN REGION 2007 - 2010
This plan involves 4 areas of action:
1) Family development
2) Family and Quality of Life
3) Support for Family and children experiencing social or family difficulties
4) Support for special needs families
What are the Plan’s general objectives?
- To strengthen the family as an essential and central institution of society
- To improve quality of life for families
- To view children as persons who are objects and subjects of the law
- Bring families into social networks associated with citizenship, stimulating democratic participation and parent training
- To promote intergenerational solidarity
- To drive actions that help families under potential social risk and assistance to sick, dependent, disabled persons, single-parents, care for minors, families experiencing conflict, violence or break-up.
- To promote actions that favour use and knowledge of technology
The action plan is broken down into 30 points that are included in the 4 action areas.
For more information please click on the following link::http://www.unav.es/icf/main/Planfamilia/planfamilia.htm
Financial aid for programmes and services specialising in assistance to families and children, 2010
- To strengthen the family and its weakest members
- To support the family and children under potential social risk
- To offer services specialised in assistance to families and children
Support is offered at 3 levels
a) Primary assistance: offered by social services, providing: information, consultancy, diagnosis and intervention.
b) Secondary assistance: offered by specific, specialised teams operating at the local and county levels which provide support to families and children, family orientation and mediation
c) Assistance provided at higher levels of specialisation.
What groups can apply?
1) Local organisations
2) Not-for-profit organisations
What requirements do the organisations need to fulfil?
a) They must be legally constituted
b) They cannot be profit-driven
c) They must be registered with the General Registry of Activities (Registro General de los Titulares de Actividades), except for public entities
d) They must comply with General Law 38/2003 on Subsidies
e) The aims of the not-for-profit organisations must involve activities as set out in the programme, and must possess a structure and capacity to fulfil these objectives.
Application submission deadline:
Within one month after publication of Order dated 17 December 2009 issued by Council for Social Welfare, 07-01-2010. THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE PLAN HAS CLOSED.